Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mother's Day






I have been thinking about Mother's Day so much this week

Usually I don't enjoy going to church on this holiday.
Too many grown children going off about how perfect their mom always is

Here's the deal.
I am not "that" perfect mom



My girls are not going to say:

*sappy sweet voice*

I never heard my mom raise her voice
My mom was always studying her scriptures and kneeling in prayer
We always had breakfast, lunch and dinner together
She was always ready with a positive twist on everything

and the list goes on...

What my daughters will most likely say is more along these lines:
My mom is loud, quite often
My mom reads her scriptures, not usually in the official "morning and bed Mormon standard"
My mom says lots of prayers alone in the car, and always puts peoples names on the Temple Prayer Roll
We always eat, sometimes it's on time, sometimes not. But we have fun
I can talk to my mom about literally everything. everything

Here's what I think, we are not the "typical Mormon"

family but I don't care
I love that my girls come to me with everything
Seriously, everything from church, school, boys and husbands
We get
mad
annoyed
ticked off
tired off
and everything between

But we also
laugh
giggle
squeal
and love each other

I love being a Mother
It's the most rewarding thing in life that I could ever do
I am so grateful to have them in my life
I am constantly learning from them
They are amazing in every way
Thank you
Girls.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a awesome mom! Thanks for being a mom to me for so many years! I miss those days! Love Melissa

Carrot Jello said...

I think the "typical Mormon" mom thing is made up.
I don't know anyone that's perfect. People can make it sound like that, and put on their Sunday faces, but it doesn't make it the truth.

Jen Billings said...

I think you are a great example of a true LDS mom. I would hope my kids would say the same things about me. You're great Lisa.

Not so Molly Mormon After-All said...

Why do we do that to ourselves...Molly Mormon...AUGH! Found you on MMB, enjoyed your post!

Followers